Torah Club Commentary Sets
Voice of the Prophets
The vision of Israel's prophets
Get a head start on the end times by studying the weekly haftarah portions. Voice of the Prophets restores an authentic Jewish eschatology with prophecies about the centrality of Israel and Messiah in the kingdom and the end times.
FFOZ Friends and Torah Club members: Get 20% off at checkout with discount code.
Dive deep into the world of ancient Israel, kings and prophets. Enter the world of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and all the prophets.
Voice of the Prophets takes students through the synagogue haftarah readings—the accompanying Scripture section from the Prophets that we read after the regular weekly Torah portion. Take hold of the Jewish perspective on the Prophets and discover how the whole Bible fits together. Voice of the Prophets opens a theological-revolution for traditional Christian interpretation while laying a strong foundation for Messianic Judaism.
Voice of the Prophets is the only comprehensive Messianic commentary on the haftarah-cycle, and it includes written commentary on extra readings for festivals and special Sabbaths—covering more than than eighty haftarah readings. Written materials and audio teachings draw on historical, archaeological, geographical, and linguistic studies in combination with Messianic and rabbinic insights. This is a "must-have" resource for every serious student of the Bible, and an essential key for anyone who wants to understand the promise of the kingdom.
- Contents & Format
- Audio Magazine
This edition consists of six case-bound books, including the Appendices that supplement the main commentary.
- Book One: Contains Messianic Jewish commentary on the haftarah portions for Genesis includes readings from Isaiah, Ezekiel, Malachi, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, and Kings. Book one also includes commentary on special haftarah selections for Rosh Chodesh and the days of Channukah.
- Book Two: Contains commentary on the haftarah readings for Exodus: Selections from Judges, Kings, Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Jeremiah. Book two also includes commentary on special haftarah selections for Shabbat Shekelim, Shabbat Zachor, Shabbat Parah, and Shabbat HaChodesh.
- Book Three: Contains Messianic commentary on the haftarah portions for Leviticus include readings from Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and Amos. Book three also includes commentary on the haftarah for Shabbat HaGadol and the five haftarah selections for Passover.
- Book Four: Contains Messianic Jewish commentary on the hafatarah portions for the book of Numbers, including passages from Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Jeremiah, Hosea, Micah, and Zechariah. Book four also includes commentary on the two special haftarah selections for Shavu’ot.
- Book Five: Contains Messianic Jewish commentary on the haftarah portions for the book of Deuteronomy, including passages from Joshua, second Samuel, Isaiah, and the seven consolations from Isaiah’s book of consolation. Section five also includes commentary on the special haftarah selections for Tisha be’Av, fast days, Rosh Hashanah, Shabbat Shuvah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Shemini Atzeret, and Simchat Torah.
- Appendices: Includes useful timelines, charts, maps, diagrams, genealogies, an extensive subject index, a Scripture index, indices of rabbinic literature, a glossary, bibliography, a list of all the weekly haftarah portions, a timeline that presents a guide of dated events and oracles in the Hebrew Bible, blessings for the study of Torah and the reading of the haftarah portions, and several other useful tools and resources.
Purchase the complete set, or order individual books or audio material. The complete edition includes:
- 6-Book Set (including Appendices)
- 1750 pages covering commentary on both Sephardic and Ashkenaz haftarot, as well as the holiday readings for festivals and special Sabbaths.
- Festival and special Sabbath readings.
- Kings, Prophets, and End Times Prophecies
- History, geography, archaeology of ancient Israel
- Messianic prophecies omitted by synagogues
- Children’s stories
- Covers more than than eighty haftarah readings
- Study Questions for individuals or small groups.
- Weekly Bible readings and study materials.
- Audio Magazine in MP3 format with 20+ hours of material corresponding to the chapters in the books
Voice of the Prophets Audio Commentary on contains fifty-four audio chapters corresponding to the fifty-four Torah portions. The audio magazine supplement includes a discussion-format teaching on a the weekly haftarah portion, a segment about end-times eschatology and prophecy, and a children’s story about the haftarah portion.
Introduction: Boaz Michael provides an introduction to the weekly parashah and haftarah portion.
Drash: The brothers D. Thomas Lancaster and Steven Lancaster discuss the weekly haftarah in light of ancient near-eastern history, the Hebrew language, biblical geography, and Hebrew poetry.
Torah Kids: Toby Janicki brings the children a weekly story pertinent to the haftarah portion and the lives of the prophets.
End Times Prophecy: D. Thomas Lancaster focuses in on Messianic Jewish eschatology to give a glimpse into the coming kingdom.
Listen to Audio Samples
Drash and Discussion
End Times Prophecy